The Sherry FitzGerald Group wishes to recruit an IT Support Analyst. The role will provide support on all IT supported and user equipment and IT services to all Sherry FitzGerald Group companies.
Reporting: This role reports to the Service Desk Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week, 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of the IT industry, some flexibility in working time may be required in order to meet the Department’s service and performance standards and its responsibility to customers.
Experience: 1 year in IT service delivery preferable but not essential. Excellent customer service skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies are key attributes for this role.
The post-holder will ideally have previous experience in supporting end users directly across a wide range of technologies including both hardware and software. The post-holder is expected to have sound technical knowledge and skills, be able to work as part of a multi-discipline team and be able to provide a high quality professional service in a dynamic business environment.
Desirable Technology experience/awareness areas:
- Basic knowledge of web technologies & web database structures
- Active Directory user account management
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10 Enterprise edition
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365
- Skype for Business telephony
- Desktop/Laptop Hardware config and maintenance (predominantly Dell & Toshiba)
- Smart Phones
Tasks & Duties:
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Logging customer calls.
- Analyse incoming requests and determine appropriate solutions.
- Managing, documenting and updating of work instructions and customer calls.
- Provide remote support to diagnose a HW/SW problem on an End User workstation or peripheral device. Perform remote Break/Fix activities.
- Liaise with the IT Team and / or 3rd party suppliers to resolve problems where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Personal skills will include:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to work around issues and be creative as regards problem solving.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
- Must be dependable & flexible and willing to work as part of a team.
- Be able to:
- Troubleshoot web content publication issues from various CRM feeds
- Build desktop/ultrabook from base level install (hard drives, Ram, NICs, motherboard).
- Support and troubleshoot peripherals (printers, IP phones, patching, etc.)
- Configure, support and troubleshoot Smart Phones
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems – determine location of problems and resolve all local hardware and network issues. Escalate issues related to software errors and network problems.
- Support users to an advanced level on file management and sharing, email management, MS Office and industry specific applications.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd March 2018.